“Death doesn't discriminate / between the sinners / and the saints / It takes and it takes and it takes.”
– Lin-Manuel Miranda, Hamilton
The Girl and Her History
Sarah Stanton was born on a perfectly ordinary day, to perfectly ordinary parents. That's pretty descriptive of her life, actually; perfectly ordinary. She isn't strikingly beautiful nor utterly hideous. Her grades in school were average. She has a brother, named Timothy, who is your typical, All-American boy, where Sarah is the girl next door. In her perfectly ordinary life, Sarah has one passion--crafts. She loves to crochet, and is fairly competent at other crafts, as well. She learned to crochet at her grandmother's knee, and dabbled in other crafts before returning to her first love. She's opening her own crafts store, Sarah's Stash, and hopes that it will become a New England chain store staple. Why, then, did this up-and-coming business manager suddenly fall from grace? She began getting involved in the local drug scene, eventually getting arrested for possession in a school zone. Sarah died in jail. That's when her cousin Nathania bought out the store and renamed it to "Nathania's Craft Nook". The girl could be Sarah's doppelganger, though... it's eerie. After some of her work was discovered by some muckety muck or something, Nathania sold the Craft Nook and moved to Tamarack Falls, Vermont, to be closer to Fort Brunsett. She's a fashion designer now, but her work's really only known by name. Otherwise, she's just a regular girl next door.
The true story of what happened to Sarah Stanton is much sadder and much more unbelievable. She was kidnapped by her Keeper, the Quilting Bee, and turned into a walking rag doll pincushion. After a long, torturous, somewhat Oz-like Durance, she left, fleeing through the Hedge, emerging torn and with red silk escaping her body. All the mortals saw was a broken young woman slashed with a beer bottle, and took her to the hospital. After spending time after her escape in Aleswich's Freehold, the Dragon's Knell, she up and moved after her husband, Glitch, returned to Arcadia. It was a blow to Aleswich, but hopefully a boon to the Fate's Harvest Freehold. However, the future remains to be seen.
- Changeling - Nathania is one of these.
- Winter Court - Deep sorrow, very hide.
- Bishop of Blackbirds - Willing to help for the price of a favor.
- Waykeeper - Nathania's one of the Hands of the Waylady.
- Watcher - She's one of these.
- Custodian - And one of these.
- Greenie - And also one of these.
- Fashion Designer (Fame 1) - Nathania is a fashion designer for a local chain of big box stores. The line is called Nathania! by Nathania Winters.
- World-class Knitter (Inconspicuous 3) A good Winter, Nattie-doll blends in with crowds until she pulls out her knitting. The stuff she does with yarn is insane!
- Green -
Maybe we can find new ways to fall apart. More apt than ever.I fucked up and I'm so, so sorry. gone
- Six - Pretty eyes. Easy with affection. Deep wounds. gone
- Hazel - Best pie in town, and good place to find gossip. gone
- Louisa - Another Bishop. I like her. Summer without grr argh. Likely gone
- Sid - Fellow Bishop. A bit out there, but I think I understand him a bit better after the last Synod... gone
- Haruki - Little brother. Fiercely protective of him.
- Itsuki - Littler brother. Fiercely protective of him, too.
- Glitch -
Husband. Came back to me. I just... ♥ Gone again. I can't...Stay this time. Please. I need you. ♥
- Poppy - Smart. Fun. That voice.
- November - Old friend. Scarier than I remembered. Glad she's on our side.
- Briar - Bishop. ♥