| Carter Lysander Logan
| On Game As:
| Played By:
|| Frank Sinatra
|| The Devil As Tempter
| Date of Birth:
|| October 2nd, 1902
| Apparent Age:
|| Fate's Harvest
“'Do what thou wilt' shall be the whole of the Law.”
– The Thelemite Axiom
More than one hundred years ago, a boy named Carter Lysander Logan was born in the slums of New York City, and he was a musician.
Nowadays, he's the Devil Himself.
He's worn a hell of a lot of faces over the years. He's been a lounge singer, a hippie, a soldier, a rock star, a man, a woman, and many other things besides. But under the shifting faces, it's always been Carter, an ancient and powerful Spring Courtier with a knack for tempting others into chasing their desires and an endless hunger for indulging his own. And, as the years have gone on, his connection to the Wyrd has only grown.
Now, more than a century since he began, Carter is finding that he is running out of vices to indulge. His temptations of others have never ceased, and likely never will, but he himself is finding that the world holds less and less to hold his attention. Every day, he sits in a jaded fog, while every night Arcadia calls to him in his dreams. The power of the Wyrd pulses through his veins, and ignoring it is getting more and more difficult by the moment.
But now, in Fort Brunsett, he has found something worth living for once again. At the turning of the seasons, Carter Logan has married Zillah, Moon Queen of the freehold, the perfect muse he has always searched for. Excitement has returned to his life - just in time for the Spring Crown to settle on his brow.
Fate's Harvest has a new King, it seems. Whether or not it will survive his rule is less certain.
- Bearer of the Antlered Crown - The Wyrd has crowned the Devil King of Fate's Harvest, for the time being.
- Spring Courtier - Carter has been an agent of the Emerald Court for many decades now.
- Bodhisattva of the Broken Cage - The Spring Court, honed to its finest edge. Carter helped to found the order.
- Watcher-Elect - The Devil walks in dreams. Carter leads the freehold's oneiromancers and seers.
- The Devil As Tempter - Everything you want. Nothing you should.
- Boredom - He wanders in search of anything that can hold his interest. Perhaps you think you could provide some entertainment.
- Legendary Lounge Singer - Anyone who's a fan of music from the 40s and 50s has probably heard of Carter Logan.
- Music - Music is the one thing that never bores Carter. Regardless of genre, if you're a musician, he wants to hear it.
- Man of Many Faces - Carter has been many things over many years. Perhaps you've met a cloven-hoofed changeling before.
The First and Only
- Phillipe Boudreau - All this for twenty dollars.
- Miss an Nua - Such vibrancy. It reminds me of my younger days.
- Miss Devereux - We'll make a true sea witch out of you yet, Miss Devereux.
- Miss Widget - Now aren't you an interesting find.
- Miss Baines - You're in so far over your head. It's quite amusing to watch.
- Miss Millikan - Far too restrained for your own good. Sooner or later, something's going to give.
Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
- Please allow me to introduce myself
- I'm a man of wealth and taste
- I've been around for a long, long year
- Stole many a man's soul and faith
- Just as every cop is a criminal
- And all the sinners saints
- As heads is tails, just call me Lucifer
- 'Cause I'm in need of some restraint
- So if you meet me, have some courtesy
- Have some sympathy and some taste
- Use all your well-learned politesse
- Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Cult of Dionysus - The Orion Experience
- Yesterday I heard you say
- Your lust for life has gone away
- It got me thinking, I think I feel a similar way
- And that's sad (that's sad)
- So let's make a decision, start a new religion
- Yeah, we're gonna build a temple to our love
- Orgiastic dances, nymphs in trances
- Yeah, we'll be the envy of the gods above
- I'm feeling devious
- You're looking glamorous
- Let's get mischievious
- And polyamorous
- Wine and women and wonderful vices
- Welcome to the Cult of Dionysus
The Devil Wears a Suit and Tie - Colter Wall
- Well, Reverend, Reverend, please come quick
- 'Cause I've got something to admit
- I met a man out in the sticks - a good old mess
- He drove a Series Ten Cadillac and wore a cigar on his lip
- Don't you know the devil wears a suit and tie
- Saw him driving down the 61 in early July
- White as a cotton field and sharp as a knife
- I heard him howling as he passed me by
- And he said
- I know you, I know you young man
- I know you by the state of your hands
- You're a six-string picker, just as I am
- Let me learn you something
- I know a few turns to make all the girls dance
Candy Store - Heathers: The Musical
- (I like!) lookin' hot, buyin' stuff they cannot
- (I like!) drinkin' hard, maxin' Dad's credit card
- (I like!) skippin' gym, scarin' her, screwin' him
- (I like!) killer clothes, kickin' nerds in the nose
- If you lack the balls, you can go play dolls
- Let your mommy fix you a snack
- Or you could come smoke, pound some rum and Coke
- In my Porsche with the quarterback
- Honey, whatcha waitin' for?
- Welcome to my candy store
- Time for you to prove you're not a loser any more
- And step into my candy store
Monster - The Infatuations
- You should run, babe
- You look way too calm to be in danger
- With your little model fingers all over me
- Didn't your mama tell ya not to talk to strangers?
- Well, what do you call me?
- You don't know me like you think you do
- No, baby
- If you did, then you would see the truth
- That girl, I'm a monster
- I'm the big bad wolf
- I'll devour all your fears and inhibitions
- Yes, it's true
- I'm what your mama told you would eat you up inside
- I can tell you're not afraid, but baby you should run and hide
- From the monster and the wolf
The Devil Went Down to Georgia - The Charlie Daniels Band
- The Devil went down to Georgia
- He was lookin' for a soul to steal
- He was in a bind 'cause he was way behind
- He was willin' to make a deal
- When he came across this young man
- Sawin' on a fiddle and playing it hot
- And the Devil jumped up on a hickory stump and said
- Boy let me tell you what
- I guess you didn't know it but I'm a fiddle player too
- And if you'd care to take a dare
- I'll make a bet with you
- Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy
- But give the Devil his due
- I bet a fiddle o' gold against your soul
- 'Cause I think I'm better than you