“Get a shot off fast. This upsets him long enough to let you make your second shot perfect.”
– Robert A. Heinlein, "Notebooks of Lazarus Long"
Mortal: Easily overlooked and barely noticeable most of the time. A very few people might be aware that he is a gunsmith who can customize and make firearms.
Lost: John is a quiet man who often lurks in shadows and doesn't speak up often. He's hard to spot, unless he intends to be seen. When he is seen, his mantle is quite stark, and his flesh seems to be almost translucently pale, a stark contrast to the black clothing he almost exclusively wears.
- If you do the research and seek out someone who can make or improve your weapons in Fort Brunsett or Tamarack, you'll eventually find your way to John.
- He is occasionally found in the woods, target-shooting.
- He grew up in a military family, travelling to different bases all over the country, from 1974-2012 or so. You might have known him (or his fetch!) if you've done the same.
- He spends a lot of time quietly watching people, and some say he's into Eastern philosophy or meditation.
- If you've been betrayed by someone or some thing, you may feel a slight draw to him.
- If he's avenged you, or you've seen him kill a traitor, you may sense more about what he is.
- Occasionally, he can be found drinking quietly to excess or consuming various sorts of drugs, but he tends to be subtle about it.
- He really, really likes rich and exotic foods.
- John occasionally makes it known that he can help crafters make things, and that he works metal of all sorts.
- Winter Court members may have heard of him, a quiet master crafter and hedgespun weaver of metal and shadow, who has been moving around when his "worship" became too widespread of a thing for the comfort of the Court in other Freeholds he has lived in.
- John is also interested in the culture surrounding oaths and pledges, and is always willing to be a witness to such things being sworn. He also will advise people on the parameters and possible repercussions, if asked.
- Working on it!