“You don't make the rules. You only choose which to follow and which to break.”
– Czci, definitely
Bearing a remarkable resemblance to the beloved former striker of Śląsk Wrocław -- as if America cares about soccer -- Czcibor Kowal, the semi-retired COO of multibillion-euro corporation Strassen Enterprises is freshly arrived in Tamarack Falls. There are more than a few one-percenters in Vermont. Probably not that many of them don't drive an expensive car. Probably not many of them fly a hot air balloon more often than driving a car at all.
- Apparently, word travels when you kill Gentry. It just doesn't necessarily travel that far. If you were in or around Austria eight years or less ago, then yes, you would have heard that Captain Czcibor Kowal der Landeswehr killed one of the Gentry and participated in the deaths of two others.
- Likewise, the Captain has Fame 2 in both Healing and Tactics; he is also known to have been, though a former Spring Crown himself, primary tactician and strategist for the freehold of Entzweite Erinnerungen (later Eisenbastion), through multiple bearers of all the seasonal crowns; he also created Spring's Ministry of Relief there, organizing all those with medical skills, through contract or seeming or training or goblin fruit curation, into a force for keeping a whole bunch of violent crazy Lost alive through a number of wars.
- Star Trek novels. He almost always has one on him.
- Hot Air Balloon: yeah that's him overhead with the fancy hat in the giant sparkly purple star-spangled balloon.
- NOTABLE STATS
- Striking Looks 2: Apparently Dreamy
- Wyrd 7
- Presence 7
- Mantle (Spring) 4
- Clarity 8
- Inspiring (i make a mean speech, too)
- In both the Harvestmen (Captain's Second, Lieutenant) and the Greenies (Master Healer), so totally up for your hedge-spelunking needs.
- GUIDELINES FOR BEHAVIOR
Romance is bad for me, so eff that noise.goddammit
- Politics are worse, so
eff them toobe a hobbyist, not a lobbyist. Sticking my nose in other people's bidness will get it cut off.
- Volunteering individual help creates dependency, so--
Stop being so goddamn nice.
- Gentry-killing is the cure for ennui.
- If in over head, get out of the water.
The First and Most
- Petra Hirsch - The most devoted and loyal a friend and oathmate anyone could ever hope for, Petra has followed the Captain from Vienna all over the world, keeping him sane and taking care of him. He would do literally anything for her.
- Pietrek - The Captain's fetch, arguably more sane, reasonable, well-adjusted, and put-upon than Czcibor himself. Yes they are friends/brothers. No if he visits you may not eat his heart or whatever. Yes he lives very far away and is under guard. It is a sekrit.
- Dielle - The Harvestmen Lieutenant that recruited Czcibor, who's decided that the Polish translation of the type of Kapitan he is -- Rotmistrz -- is going to be a lot easier to use when the guy in charge of the Harvestmen is, you know, a Captain. Of the Harvestmen. XD
- Vorpal - A crazy, crazy Lost Pantheon guy who considers himself the God of the Hunt; Czcibor is not at all surprised that they get along when they both have little patience for Court and lots of fun killing monsters in the Hedge.
- Dross - this is HIGHLY INCONVENIENT
when can I see you again
- Lolly - Best flower. Czcibor has become stupidly attached to her, even when she's super mean.
- Beirut: Scenic World; Nantes
- Iron & Wine: Passing Afternoon
- The Bravery: Time Won't Let Me Go
- The Arcade Fire: Intervention
- Bad Religion: Marked; Sorrow
- Bit Shifter: Charm, Beauty, Truth and Strangeness
- The Clash: Straight to Hell (live); I'm Not Down; Justice Tonight/Kick It Over
- Elliott Smith: Can't Make a Sound; Memory Lane; A Distorted Reality is Now a Necessity to Be Free
- Elvis Costello: No Action
- Envelope: Store In a Dark Place
- Gogol Bordello: Troubled Friends
- The Good, the Bad, and the Queen: History Song
- Joe Strummer: Machete; Straight Shooter
- (& the Mescaleros): At the Border, Guy; Ramshackle Day Parade
- Long Beach Dub All-Stars: They Harder They Come
- Muse: Knights of Cydonia
- A Perfect Circle: Fiddle and the Drum
- Phantom Planet: Something Is Wrong
- Pink Floyd: On the Turning Away
- The Pogues: Turkish Song of the Damned
- TMBG: Climbing The Walls; No One Knows My Plan; Cyclops Rock
- The Weakerthans: Reconstruction Site