“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
– Albert Einstein
The Story of a Life
Dr. Sianna Doran is a local, born right here in Fort Brunsett. The family was relatively well-off, not hurting for money, and she lived in a house with rambling gardens which abutted a calm and friendly forest. She was a quiet child, but bright, creative, and quite precocious, fascinated by mirrors, windows, still pools of water and the glossy sides of her mother's antique tea set.
To her parents, this eccentricity was peculiar, but harmless.
To Sianna, pre/postcognition and clairvoyance completely uncontrolled, it was a way of seeing places she had never been, and much more interesting than watching the television. She would sit for hours by the garden pond, waiting, watching, though she never could predict what would happen, or when visions would come.
When she was eight years old, she met her Special Friend. 'Lady' was different, and 'Lady' could do magic, but required the child to keep her a secret. Being honest, the child did. Being Fae, Lady appeared now and again on her own schedule, courting the girl, until the first new moon after Sianna's tenth birthday, whereupon she took the child out into the trees, and, unbeknownst to Sianna, into the Hedge, and thence into Arcadia. A mass escape attempt was already in progress, and the terrified child was scooped up and carried right back out into the mortal world.
Sianna's memories of the incident, however, are lost, blocked from her mind. She knows she has been able to see more Special People since she went into the forest with Lady. She knows that Lady never returned.
When she was twelve, a little boy she was babysitting walked into the forest and never returned after a faulty door lock failed, and Sianna blamed herself, and her visions, for not foreseeing that he would be lost. Childhood wonder turned to teenage frustration and powerlessness.
When she was sixteen, she was shot twice in a laundromat after getting in the way of a sudden outbreak of gang-on-gang violence.
When she was eighteen, on her birthday, to be exact, both of her parents were killed instantly in a car crash driving back from picking up a kitten for her birthday present. The kitten survived, but lost both hind legs. Quite the birthday gift: dead parents and a crippled cat.
With the support of her aunt Clare, she went to university in Copenhagen, studied programs at Yale, got her doctorate in textiles both ancient and modern, and survived, though it's debatable how much of her sanity has survived with her. She has a doctorate in textile studies, and currently runs a small shop selling unique and unusual fabrics, threads, fibers and dyes both natural and synthetic in the Olde Market. She holds seminars and tries to live a quiet life, away from Special People and the nameless fear they awaken.
- Enchanted Mortal - Are you a fairy? She sees you, though she doesn't want to.
- Psychic - Are you a psychic? She is too! One of the less useful members, granted, but a member of the Eye nonetheless.
- Textile Curator - She is famous throughout New England (Fame 2) in textile circles as a curator for many textile museums, both ancient and modern, her expertise much sought after.
- Doesn't Drive - Would YOU drive if you knew you could suddenly and completely unexpectedly find yourself staring at the future on your car's windshield instead of the road while going 50mph? She could kill somebody, and herself. She isn't willing to take the risk.
- Avalon Lefevre - Witch. Knows the special people. Tea.
- Vo - Terrifying. Avalon's special friend.
- Aslan Altan - Special person. Terrifying but well-meaning. Likes natural dyestuff.
[[Image:|x150px]] [[Image:|x150px]] [[Image:|x150px]]