| Samwell Veech
| On Game As:
| Played By:
|| Ralph Fiennes
|| Rogue Autodoc
| Date of Birth:
| Apparent Age:
|| Late 40s
|| Trauma Surgeon
|| Fate's Harvest
“First, do no harm.”
– Physician's Oath
Tannis Voke was a bad person, from a family of bad persons. He was a man who denied things to those who needed them most and stole still more from those who had too much to begin with. He made a very bad decision, and ended up in a very bad place, where he did even worse things to people who did not deserve them. Until the day when he finally found his limit, and tried to do one good thing.
- What the fuck is you thinkin'
- Better yet, where the fuck is you goin'?
- Get back to no star map and
- Out here nobody knowin'
- Time flyin' and you figure
- You'd fly right along with it
- Not hearin' no warnings
- In the morning you go get it
- Like thruster, throttle, play that out
- Move a half a moon around
- A galaxy, you play that down
- Like it's nothin', nothin' out
- Of nothin' leaves you wishin'
- Every day that they was still around
- Soakin' in the corridor corrodin'
- While you mill about
- 'Bout a million miles a millimeter
- Doesn't really mean nothin'
- 'Cause your body is bone marrow
- And blood can never be trusted
- It won't last to the nearest
- Destination because functions
- You could load into the chamber
- And treat sleep like it's a punch-in
- Space is wavy, follow, form it
- Analyze it spectrally
- The specter in the spectrum
- On inspection is an entity
- You call it god or man or woman
- Love or hope, it's all the same
- A nickel-bag philosophy
- A beta boost inside a brain
- Conversation is tough when ya think
- Too much 'bout the metals
- Most time is spent silently
- Just monitoring your levels
- Scanning for the Clay Ark
- In the blood pressure, and stay dark
- It's off long enough so your days aren't
- Just arbitrary - though they are
- Nothing is familiar
- So the strange become a family
- Analogies are old and useless
- When was last you had a tree
- For reference or for reverence
- Irrevocable amnesty
- For sure, by now, you're so far gone
- To track would be insanity
- Ingrained on the membranes
- Of your conscience is a dark spot
- Heavier than the other antimatters
- In your stark thoughts
- Can't shake what you've done
- No matter how far you outrun it
- Mask that with the false fact
- That somebody is comin'
- Delusional is easier than self-examination
- But you gotta make a choice of where you're goin'
- Because stayin' is surrender
- And since you might be the last that's not an option
- Get your shit together, lover boy
- Stop lookin' at the clock
| "Baby Don't Sleep" - clipping.
Tannis Voke does not exist any longer. He did one decent thing in his entire life, and he died in unspeakable agony for it. But that one decent thing lived on, despite every attempt to crush it out of existence. For years and years, it suffered in darkness and isolation, under cruel hands and crueler knives. But it survived.
Tannis Voke is dead. Doctor Veech lives on, the only good thing to have ever come out of a miserable man's life.
Doctor Veech does not talk about his past. It is not relevant. He is a doctor, and Fate's Harvest is in need of his attentions; this is sufficient.
- Doctor - To Lost and mortals alike, the most eminently qualified physician available. Magic and medicine in concert.
- Trauma Surgeon - He works at the local hospital, doing what he can for the cases others would consider lost causes.
- Pro Bono Medico - The Lost make bargains. He is a doctor before he is Lost. Payment is neither required nor desired.
- Médecins Sans Frontières - Where the need is greatest, there he shall be.
- Dusk Court - Do not go gentle.
- Pacifist - Primum non nocere.
- Tin Man - Heartless and rusting.
- Widget - A patient requiring patience.
A Better Place - clipping.
- If ever you find yourself beaten and broke
- And can't bear the whip for the weight of the yoke
- And fear that the night will not turn into day
- Remember the darkness will show you the way
- It's a long way away, it's a long way away
- And I'm all alone, alone, alone
- A long, long, long, long way
- Flesh is weaker than the metal, it is true
- But the metal's being moved into a thing it doesn't do
- Circuitry is only serviceable as much as it is used
- So why don't you use it
- 'Til you use it up, abuse it
- It is strong, it can take it if you can't
- Your sinews are more intuitively designed for dance
- Well, it set up a random course safely away from suns
- Four hundred and twenty three
- By a hundred and twelve by fifty one
Scrooge - A Muppet Christmas Carol
- When a cold wind blows it chills you
- Chills you to the bone
- But there's nothing in nature that freezes your heart
- Like years of being alone
- It paints you with indifference
- Like a lady paints with rouge
- And the worst of the worst
- The most hated and cursed
- Is the one that we call Scrooge
- Oh, there goes Mister Humbug
- There goes Mister Grim
- If they gave a prize for bein' mean, the winner would be him
- He must be so lonely
- He must be so sad
- He goes to extremes to convince us he's bad
- He's really a victim of fear and of pride
- Look close and there must be a sweet man inside
I Am A Rock - Simon and Garfunkel
- I've built walls
- A fortress deep and mighty
- That none may penetrate
- I have no need of friendship
- Friendship causes pain
- Its laughter and its loving I disdain
- I am a rock
- I am an island
- I have my books
- And my poetry to protect me
- I am shielded in my armor
- Hiding in my room, safe within my womb
- I touch no one and no one touches me
- I am a rock
- I am an island
- And a rock feels no pain
- And an island never cries
The Crow - Dessa
- That old crow came back today
- Sitting in my window like a prophet
- Out on the fire escape, to say
- Anger is just love, left out and gone to vinegar
- You send signal, you listen for an echo
- At the first splinters you run to tell Geppetto
- And in the worst winters the whole thing feels untenable
- Crow took me by the shoulder
- And he told me honey, don't let go
- He took me to the workshop
- Showed me where they built the bodies
- A mason, a blacksmith, a carpenter
- And in the darkroom where the whole assembly started
- On the clothesline where the hearts hung to harden
- You come as fragile, soft machines
- And you're bound to fast, bound to grieve
- But you're built to balance on two feet
- So why you living this last year from your knees?