The PCs and NPCs involved in the log will be listed here.
26 July, 2010
This is the log template. You're probably already familiar with how it works, but for those of you who aren't, the syntax can be found below. This space is for a scene summary, setting, introduction or simply a pithy quote.
| cast =
| summary =
| gamedate = YYYY.MM.DD
| gamedatename =
| subtitle =
| location =
| categories = Changeling, Summer, Becoming, Hedge
| log =
For the most part, simply fill this in.
- Characters: Just put a list of the participants, in link form. (i.e., [[Player]] instead of just Player)
- Location: This should be a link to the Grid Square or Business in which the scene took place.
- Gamedate will take input in the form of YYYY.MM.DD and nothing else. If the day, month or year of your scene is uncertain, fill in that section with "0000" or "00" and the template will know what you mean.
- Categories requires a comma-delimited list of the categories (not [[Category:]] tags, but the names of the spheres to which the log is relevant; the example below should explain plenty and a list of extant log categories can be found at Category:RP Logs) into which you want to place the log. The advantage of using the categories parameter instead of manually adding categories is that the categories parameter will automatically make it so that the categories sort the page by its name rather than its namespace (which will always turn up under 'L').
- Summary: Is just a brief blurb about the scene. This can also be a way to tag Courts or Families so the log will show on the appropriate page as one of their logs.