“Readers will always insist on adventures, and though you can have grief without adventures, you cannot have adventures without grief.”
– Catherynne M. Valente
Jo is a lawyer. She's been a private detective. She's been a student. She's good with secrets, and prefers solitude. Fairly high-class, too.
Jo bought a country house out in Vermont. She mostly lives in Boston. Well, did. She's been transitioning here, much to her family's confusion. She's a damn good lawyer, though. There are very few people who's company she can bear with equanimity. Most people don't know that, she's very good about not showing it.
She has her secrets. Most people won't find those out, either. There's a reason she doesn't talk often, or that she talks around things.
- Psychic - Psychometry. Empathic. Doesn't talk about it.
- Boston lawyer - She comes to Vermont for solitude and frequent weekends.
- Upper class - She's part of Society.
- Luole - Elephant's Child.
- Tristan - Still working things out.
- Ophelia - Flower language. It's a thing.