Vermont's knife laws, as with its gun laws, are extremely permissive. And odd. It's perfectly fine to own a weapon, but you can't carry it, open or concealed, if you intend to harm someone with it...
It is also illegal to carry, open or concealed, onto school or government property. Otherwise? Anything goes.
Legal to Own:
- Dirk, dagger, or other stabbing knife.
- Bowie knife.
- Disguised knife, such as a lipstick or a belt buckle.
- Throwing stars or knives.
- Swords, bizarre martial art weapons, etc.
Illegal to Own:
- Switchblade with a cutting edge 3 inches or longer.